Sunday, August 14, 2005

Cubs

Recently, I had the opportunity to experience the true Chicago. Kristina, in her infinite awesomeness, took me to a Cubs game. I've never been a fan of baseball. I think it's boring. However, I can see why attending Cubs and Sox games is such an integral part of living in this city. It was a blast. We got there early and watched the warm up, during which I almost got pummeled by a ball whilst I was applying sunscreen. During the game I watched as fans proceeded to drink copious amounts of beer, only to complain that they were dehydrated and needed another one. A cute little group of old men in full Cubs uniforms had instruments and traveled the stadium playing between innings. They were quite good and very endearing. We left at after the 7th inning stretch (where everyone stands up and sings Take Me Out to the Ballgame) because the Cubs were getting pummeled themselves. In fact, I witnessed a grand slam...by the opposing team. While leaving Kristina remarked, "Well, you got to see another long-standing Chicago tradition-the Cubs losing."

No comments: