It snowed in Seoul, but now it's all melted. :( I didn't even make a snowman. Next time!
Wow. It's been a while. Um. I'm going to start from today and work my way backwards and forwards to update the blog.
I now have 7 new Korean friends. Yeah, that's right. The same girl who only acquired one outside friend in Andong now has a calendar full of lunch dates, museum excursions, and language exchanges with living, breathing, young Koreans. I met them in random places at random times. For instance, I met HyunJoo at a bar. She graduated from the same high school I teach at. I met ChanHo and SuRan at Coffee Bean, Geol through a Frenchman, WooRi through my Korean teacher, SaeYeong through my principal, and HanCheol through my co-teacher. Complicated, eh? What a difference location makes!
Winter Break plans:
January
-go to Andong and eat Onni's tasty fish
-facilitate the Korean Alumni Youth Partnership Program (KAYPP), a week-long camp that is supported by the US Embassy and KoreaGlobe (NGO). Students learn about American and Korean politics, economics, society, and culture. SOOOOOO excited.
-perhaps take a week trip to Japan?
February
-intensive Korean language course
-go to Andong for Lunar New Year celebrations!
-actually visit the museums in Seoul...instead of just talking about it
-Valentine's Day party! (rule: you must be single this day to participate; if you're dating someone, you have to break up for 24 hours-no exceptions^^)
No comments:
Post a Comment