Monday, September 29, 2008

Andong Mask Dance Festival 2008

Pune and Yangban dancing
Filipino guys dancing. One word. "Sparkly."Russian dance troupe. This particular dance told the story of colorful male birds fighting over and performing for the pretty white female birds.
This is an Andong native who's weaving with the traditional loom.Apparently, being American and participating in mask painting earns us the privilege of being photographed by every Korean passerby who owns a removable lens. We were indeed celebrities simply for attending the festival...and looking different.My mask creation.Luckily, we not only found an open jjimjilbang (public bath house), we found one that is open 25 hours a day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love when you can bathe 25 hours a day. I just started the Ninja Handbook yesterday. It is hilarious. Great pick!

PS. I don't think we pirates have much to worry about, these ninjas are ridiculous. They seem to spend most of their time slaying 'magical beasts' in 'other dimensions'. I am pretty sure they are just eating mushrooms and swinging a sword at their potted plants.

Captain Bloody Nose