Thursday, March 03, 2005

Photos-Epidavros, Franchthi Cave, the Mediterranean, and Corinth!

Epidavros-
Noelle and Katie at the Theater in Epidavros. Katie taking the stage.

Franchthi Cave-
Here's the collapsed roof.

Katie climbing down. (Has anyone seen her happier?)
Noelle climbing down.
Here's what we climbed down from.

Mediterranean-
Before trekking up the cave, our group had a fantastic lunchbreak. Here's the view from where we ate. And Katie is once again, very happy. The island in the background is dubbed, "Rich Man's Island." This guy is a VERY successful Greek boat man, probably richer than Onassis. He owns this island and uses a helicopter to attend meetings. He loved the beautiful view his island home provided, so he bought the land on the other side of the water so that no development could be built there...and uglify his picturesque view. The only structure in the area we stopped at was a small Orthodox chapel.

The site is sitting right alongside the Mediterranean. I'm very proud of this photo. It will make a great computer background image.

So for all you who are asking yourself, "Now, where in the world was Noelle on February 12, 2005?" .... here's the answer.... I was HERE! IN the Mediterranean. [Katie didn't go in because she "doesn't like sand in her shoes." Pft!]

Argolid-
On the way back, I snapped some shots of the unique Argolid countryside. As you can see, the terrain is nothing like good old South Bend's. [This picture of a sinkhole is specifically meant for Mazzillo, and any other geology buffs there are out there.]

Corinth-
Here's a photo of the Corinth Acropolis. This one fortress has made a distinct impact on Aegean history.
We made a pitstop at the Corinth Canal. After thousands of years of trying to be an island, the Peloponnese FINALLY got what they wanted. ;)

Oh and Mom, I just thought you might want a photo of what Katie and I will be doing next. *wink

No comments: