Today, the MC from Golden Bell called. As I predicted, I didn't know who he was. He said he was "disappointed" that I didn't remember him. For the record, he introduced himself as "Kim," one of the most common names in Korea.
He called to ask me whether an answer on the show should be considered correct or wrong. The answer was diaspora but the student answered diasporan. To make matters more nerve wracking, this was question #50, and determined whether the student won the top prize or not. The MC remembered I studied anthropology and knew I spoke perfect English (hahaha, yeah right), and called me for clarification. The question called for a noun as the answer. The correct answer is diaspora, I told him.
He called back 10 minutes later to make sure. Again, I told him it was diaspora. "Ok, thank you. I'm in Busan now. I'll call you when I get to Seoul." ("Yeah right!" I thought) "No problem. Eat some good fish down there. Bye!"
I must be becoming more Korean than I thought...wishing him good eating and all.
For the record, I went online and found his name. 김현욱 (Kim Hyeon-ook) And now, I've got his number programmed in my phone so I know who's calling me when he calls...which is unlikely, but fun knowing that I've got a celebrity's cell # at my disposal. ^^
1 comment:
Did you ask him why they cut your question? You should.
Post a Comment