Anyone who knows me, knows I love zoos. I was giddy on the subway imagining the evolutionary adaptations that I could witness first-hand and subsequently make fun of. (Is there any animal more ridiculous than the anteater?) Of course, I was particularly excited for the primate exhibit. Unfortunately, the primate exhibit was under renovation, so no great apes that day.
I DID get to see the lions fed. The zookeeper blew a whistle and chucked large chunks of flesh over the fence. The lions took turns catching the meat mid-air and growled. "I want a kitten," I thought.
I also got to watch the marine show which included kissing seals and flipping dolphins. At one point, a small macaque came out with an apron on for no apparent reason at all.
I am amazed by human ingenuity. The fact that we train animals to do acrobatics using a whistle and anchovies still boggles the mind.Seoul Grand Park at dusk.
Beautiful winter day with Jeongbok.
1 comment:
You look happy! I love going to zoos with you, I am jealous that I couldn't go. You should look at Savannah cats online if you want a kitty. They are so adorable...and more ferocious than a normal cat.
Post a Comment