Tuesday, January 25, 2005

CYA

Good afternoon.

Katie and I awoke at noon today. We were both shocked we had slept so long...even being college students. Our lunchtime slot was from 12:55-13:35, so we had to hustle to the Academic Center.

Academic Center-located right next to the Olympic Stadium used during the first modern olympics. We walk right in front of it to get to the building. The first three floors are used by CYA. Another classroom building is next door. The staff are extremely nice and helpful.

Lunch-Tons of really, really good Greek food. Today we had some type of spaghetti, salad with feta, yummy bread, chocolate mousse, and some of the sweetest oranges I've tasted. It was all topped off by really good water. I was extremely dehydrated, so I had six or so glasses.

Books-I picked up my books today. We only have to pay for the Modern Greek materials (40 Euro). I have more books than I ever had at Notre Dame.

Classes-I'm not sure if I'm going to keep drop a class or not. Nadia (who gave us our orientation materials) was shocked I was taking 16 credits. If I were to drop a class, it would be Byzantine Art & Architecture. However, that class has three field trips, so I'm holding off until I sit in a few.

This afternoon Katie and I are going to find a grocery store and buy breakfast food. There are two closeby, but everyone may be having their siesta right now. After fourteen hours of sleep I don't think I could take a nap, even if I tried. Katie, however...she's all for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! YOU'RE ALIVE!!! (this is megan by the way!) i miss you guys so much! but, to remind you of me ;), check this place out: http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/?date=2003-11-30

i think you'll find it quite delicious ;)

stay safe, do everything you parents wouldn't want you to do and take lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through you! :)

love and hugs,
megan