This weekend we all took a field trip to the Argolid. The Argolid is a region of Greece most known for the cities of Argos, Corinth, and Nafplion. Here's a map. It is also known for the astounding archaeological sites of Mycenae, Tiryns, Lerna, Epidauros, and Franchthi Cave, all of which we visted. The trip was an intense three-day learning experience. Therefore, I'm going to post each section individually. Bear with us while Katie and I try to put most of it down into words.
Katie:
At 6:30 am on Friday morning (a time which, after high school, I ceased to believe existed), two wrist watch alarms and a cell phone went off in the room that Noelle and I share. Much to our relieved surprise, we both woke up and painfully made our way to the Academic Center to board a bus to the Argolid, the easternmost area of the Peloponnese, which is basically the southern and westernmost region of the Greek mainland. Technically, I think the Peloponneseis more or less an island now because the Corinth canal cuts right through the little strip of land that connects it to the rest of the mainland. The important part, as far as I'm concerned, lies in the reality of this place being a gorgeous, mountainous region with famous prehistoric archaeological sites.
No comments:
Post a Comment