Friday, September 22, 2006

Random musings

So here I am...sitting at my desk in the teacher's room...I've just read ALL the articles on the homepages of both BBC News and CNN. I arrive at school, everyday, at 8:30 AM. My first class on Friday starts at 10:20. My lesson is all planned and stacked neatly on my desk. I suppose I could plan for next week, since I know I'll stress out about the four lessons I have to plan in 2 days. But am I going to get ahead? Psh.

Random musings of the day:

~Koreans chew their food extraordinarily loudly. This isn't limited to slurping soups or smacking salty lips. Everything (gum, cough drops, water) is masticated with fervor. In fact, I have my headphones on and can hear a teacher four desks away chomping on his gum.

~There are 4, four-inch-long dragonflies taking laps around the teachers room. No one seems to notice.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, wow, I thought it was only me that noticed the loud chomping... the FUNNY thing, though... the other day I tried to chomp along, so I took a big bite of the crunchiest part of the kimchi, and happily set about chewing, and SOMEONE ELSE noticed... lol... I must have overdone it. I guess I'll reserve cultural exchange for other stuff.