Saturday, September 29, 2007

Disappointment (not surprise)

Lame.

Jeongbok just informed me that many of my students' poem from last year, are indeed, not original. Apparently, lots of them are old Korean/Chinese poems and songs just translated to English. I knew that some of them wouldn't be original, but it stills breaks my heart a little. I don't know how to take the news: should I be devastated or laugh it off? Now I wanna go through them and delete all the plagiarized ones. Gotta enlist the help of native Koreans or learn more Korean and Chinese poems first...

2 comments:

born-on-a-Thursday said...

Don't delete them! They're still amazing! And they still worked to translate them, I guess? They're regular curriculum does not demand creativity so for some of them, writing an original poem in their second language is not easy. But I do think that you should write a cyworld message to the cheaters and let them know that you know.

I will now share a poem that one of my students wrote. It's the best one I received:
Lunch
delicious, tasty
eating eating only eating
Lunch menu is fish!
Ouch! Throw away throw away only throw awaying
Untasty very untasty
Fish same as garbage.

Anonymous said...

oh man, i just caught-up on all of your posts. mongolia looks like it was amazing, im sorry i missed-out. i hope you are having fun, i may be making my taiwan debut this summer. i dont know if that will be before you leave ajia or not, but be sure to keep us posted on what you're up to!