
Frequently, Korean teachers receive gifts from students and parents. Most of the time, they give food. I've been treated to an occasional apple, juice box, and even piece of pizza. It's a great pick-me-up. However, I was still shocked with my latest gift.
Wednesday morning I arrive at school and discover a whole box of pears sitting on my desk. Not just one pear. No, an entire box of the things, 30 x 18 x 8" big. The sucker weighs 7.5 kg! Many times, when the teachers room gets goodies, they'll put one on my desk when I'm gone. Well, apparently one student's parents felt it necessary to bequeath boxes of pears to the teachers. EVERYONE got a box of pears. Why? They felt like it. Dude.
1 comment:
doesn't really have anything to do with pears, but i found this on another friend's blog and thought you'd be interested in checking it out as well.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R0slXx9RA7g
keith oberman rocks my socks.
Post a Comment