


We received and practiced in our new belts today. They are quite shorter than our white ones. This is probably because they're meant for five-year-olds, not twenty-two-year-olds. Grand Master did not take it easy on us. He called on me to demonstrate a three kick combination...and I forgot to move forward. Oops. Grand Master corrected me and asked very emphatically, "Understand?!" I shook my head emphatically up and down. "Ok, ok, ok." We semi-sparred today. It's not quite sparring until we learn how to block each other's kicks. Regardless, I loved it, though it was tiring. Today was definitely a good day. Plus, Dana complimented me, which, coming from Dana (Most Likely to Earn a Black Belt while in Korea), means a lot. There are very few words that can describe the way I feel about my new yellow belt. I've included pictures to more accurately portray my elation and pride. Attachment issues? Perhaps.
License to kill? Not yet...stay tuned for developments.
No comments:
Post a Comment