Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Korean Class

I love my Korean class, mostly because of my wonderful teachers. Today, we were practicing relationship vocabulary. We answered questions like, "What do teachers need from their students?" The answer, "Respect," and such. Well, we got to the boyfriend/girlfriend section and the respective question was asked. My 산생님 (teacher; pronounced sahn-sayng-neem) said, "Well of course they need love," 사랑 (pr. sah-rahng) "And I think they really need trust," 믿음 (pr. mee-tuehm). "But you know, when you date somebody, you need to fight. I mean, when you are mad at him because he doesn't call all week, yeah, you need to fight with your boyfriend, so you need patience." 인내 (pr. een-nay) We all kind of chuckled because, well, she was right! hahaha She wrote all these words on the board. "But what if you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend? What do you need?" [Personally, the first word that popped into my head was chocolate.] "I think that you need hope." 산생님 turned around to write 희망 (pr. huuee-mahng) on the board, but didn't make it all the way because the entire class was laughing. "Why are you laughing?" she asked. "I don't think it is funny. I need hope!" The ETAs thought this was even funnier, so we laughed harder. She let us have our chuckle, and being the sweet, wonderful woman that she is, didn't hold it against us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »